Dehydrated Ground Beef
A basic food source as a trail meal. Add taco spice and tortilla for great in the field tacos. Or dehydrated spaghetti sauce and pasta for a complete meal. A great all round meat product with many uses.
Write a review
8 hr 25 min
8 hr 25 min
- 1lb Ground Beef (over 75% lean)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Cup of Breadcrumbs
- Garlic (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Mix breadcrumbs and garlic into ground beef till well combined.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to pan and soften.
- Add ground beef mix and allow to cook through while stirring.
- Once cooked through drain access fat and allow to cool.
- Place beef crumbles on dehydrator trays and load into dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145° for approximately six- eight hours.
- Ground beef will be hard and resemble gravel when dry.
- Seal in meal size portions in Ziploc bags or vacuum seal.
- If you are not using right away freeze until required.
- Once or twice during the dehydrating process blot the meat with kitchen towel and move around to break up clumps and aid even drying.
Hiker BigTex http://hiker-bigtex.com/